Specialty Food Production
Food Production/Machine Operator
Sweet Escape Pastries is hiring hard working individuals to join one of Colorado’s top specialty food producers. As a well-established business based in Longmont, Colorado, we create allergen-friendly products for nationwide distribution. We offer stable and consistent employment even in unstable times.
Our high-tech, state of the art commercial kitchen equips us to provide exceptional quality and convenience to the many people we serve through our partnerships with UC Health, the Anschutz Cancer Center, and countless others who rely on Sweet Escape Pastries for their allergen-friendly products.
Job Type: Regular, full-time
Pay Range: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Location: Longmont, Colorado (near downtown)
In this job, you will:
- Successfully complete detailed training about operating our custom machines
- Receive training on and utilize FDA guidelines for food safety
- Operate and monitor specialized equipment
- Use ingredients from a recipe to make large batches of products – automated
- Clean and sanitize the equipment
- Package products and utilize an automatic boxing line
- Assure quality of products and packaging
Required of Applicants:
- Previous food handling experience, ideally in fast food setting
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Physical strength to lift up to 50 pounds and work with equipment
- Coordination and stamina to stand and move around most of the day
- Attention to details
- Accountable, you take pride in your work
- Good listener
- Flexibility to adapt and learn new high-tech machinery
- Works well independently, and also works well with the team
- 48 hours of Sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan including employer match
- PTO and Paid Holidays after 1 year of service
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability offering
- Stable, consistent work hours
- No weekends or holidays
- Eligibility for regular pay raises
- Behind the scenes (not customer-facing)
- Strong and supportive team setting
- Rapid growth, advancement opportunities
- Lifestyle and entertainment discounts
- Dedicated on-site parking
- Retention Bonus
- Service Bonus
Health/Safety and COVID-19 precautions:
- Food safety and personal protective equipment is provided
- Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place
- Vaccination required
- All interviews conducted virtually
Join our team in creating premium gluten-free, wheat-free, and nut-free products. Apply using the form below. No calls or walk-ins please.
What our team is saying:
“Hours, Pay and Location! Works with my schedule.”
“It is a positive staff, and we all work as a team.”
“The owner actually cares about my career development.”
“Owner is very helpful and really cares about me as a person.”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
Simply fill out the application below, and we’ll get back to you. Thanks!
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. The Company complies with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Headquarters Mailing Address:
Sweet Escape, LLC
600 S Sunset, Ste D
Longmont, CO 80501
Please note that we are a Wholesale only facility servicing Foodservice.